Apply to FilmTT’s Open Call in 4 Easy Steps
Hey You! Are you a filmmaker and a residing national or permanent resident of Trinidad and Tobago? Do you have a film project in its post-production state? Well this Open Call is definitely for you. FilmTT has recently launched its Open Call for Small Marketing and Development Grants which seeks to invest a limited amount of funds into the marketing and development of current film projects, including (but not limited to) attending targeted international film festivals, markets, incubators, labs and workshops.
FilmTT recognises that producing a film is only one part of the long journey for a filmmaker. Marketing and development are also very crucial parts of that journey and can take a financial toll on the budget, if there is even a budget for it at all. These grants may help ease the pockets and facilitate options that may not have not been possible before.
As a filmmaker, here’s how you can take advantage of this opportunity:
Step 1: The first step is just one click away. Visit www.filmtt.co.tt/opencall to find more information on the Open Call for Small Marketing and Development Grants and how to apply.
Step 2: Carefully read and understand the Criteria for Eligibility:
- This Call is open to all residing nationals and permanent residents of Trinidad and Tobago who are 18 years or older.
- Entries may be submitted by individuals or groups (see FAQs for more details).
- Applicants must have at least three film credits for three different productions on the film résumé.
- All genres of film projects are eligible, including animation, comedy, drama, action, horror, music video, documentary, and experimental.
- The submitted film shall not imitate or plagiarise any copyrighted work. The entry shall be the intellectual property of the participant, not violating intellectual property rights of others including patents, registered utility model rights, design rights, trademarks, used music copyright, or any other intellectual rights protected by relevant laws and regulations or personal rights (name and likeness. etc.).
Nb: The FAQs are a great source of information.
Step 3: Once you meet this criteria, please follow the submission requirements:
- Completed submission form, available here
- If you are a Trinidad and Tobago citizen, submit a digital copy of your valid national identification card (back and front) OR a copy of your valid passport photo page.
- If you are a permanent resident, submit a digital copy of your passport photo page AND your visa page.
- Film résumé
- Proof of invitation or acceptance to the film festival, market, incubator, lab or workshop, where applicable. Preference will be given to applicants with specific and focused plans with clear objectives, to achieve measurable outcomes.
- A total estimated budget for the trip or project.
- Estimates or pro-forma invoices for the trip or project.
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday 22nd March, 2017.
Step 4: Spread the word to your other filmmaker friends so that they too may benefit from this opportunity.
FilmTT will contact successful applicants by April 2017.