Call for Film Marketing and Development Grants
The Trinidad and Tobago Film Company Limited (FilmTT) announces the 2017 Call for Film Marketing and Development Grants. These grants are investments in specific projects undertaken by eligible filmmakers to advance their productions and their careers with the aim of providing a limited amount of funds to the marketing and development of projects, including (but not limited to) attending regional or international film festivals, markets, incubators, labs or workshops.
The Call is open to all residing nationals and permanent residents of Trinidad and Tobago, and can be used for trips and projects during the period May 1st – December 31st, 2017. Each applicant must have a specific and focused plan with clear objectives, to achieve measurable outcomes, whether attending a film festival, market, incubator, lab or workshop, or advancing a film-related project.
Grants will range from TT$6,000 to TT$10,000, and are solely intended to be used for marketing and development projects. These grants are not intended for film production expenditure.
This Open Call runs 1st – 22nd March, 2017. FilmTT therefore welcomes applications from all eligible film producers.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- This Call is open to all residing nationals and permanent residents of Trinidad and Tobago who are 18 years or older.
2. Entries may be submitted by individuals or groups (see FAQs for more details).
3. Applicants must have at least three film credits for three different productions on the film résumé.
4. All genres of film projects are eligible, including animation, comedy, drama, action, horror, music video, documentary, and experimental.
5. The submitted film shall not imitate or plagiarise any copyrighted work. The entry shall be the intellectual property of the participant, not violating intellectual property rights of others including patents, registered utility model rights, design rights, trademarks, used music copyright, or any other intellectual rights protected by relevant laws and regulations or personal rights (name and likeness. etc.).
- Completed submission form, available here
- If you are a Trinidad and Tobago citizen, submit a digital copy of your valid national identification card (back and front) OR a copy of your valid passport photo page.
- If you are a permanent resident, submit a digital copy of your passport photo page AND your visa page.
- Film résumé
- Proof of invitation or acceptance to the film festival, market, incubator, lab or workshop, where applicable. Preference will be given to applicants with specific and focused plans with clear objectives, to achieve measurable outcomes.
- A total estimated budget for the trip or project.
- Estimates or pro-forma invoices for the trip or project.
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday 22nd March, 2017.