FilmTT: Your production partner
As the country’s Film Commission, FilmTT promotes Trinidad & Tobago as a location to attract all types of productions, and provides services to local and international producers.
FilmTT offers the following Film Commission services:
- We manage production incentives, primarily the Production Expenditure Rebate Programme, which offers international producers up to 35% cash back on qualifying services, and 20% cash back for hiring local labour; local producers can receive a flat 35% back on qualifying services, 20% cash back for hiring local labour.
- We host an online Production Directory where you can find cast and crew, and a searchable Locations Database.
- We arrange entry of equipment, cast and crew into the country for all productions.
- We arrange work permits for cast and crew.
- We connect international producers to local production companies and fixers to manage production logistics on the ground on their behalf.
- We provide production support services for local producers.
Production Expenditure Rebate Programme
What is the Production Expenditure Rebate Programme?
The Production Expenditure Rebate Programme is the primary production incentive for local and international productions; qualification for the rebate is based on specific criteria. The rebate offers the following to international producers:
- 12.5% cash back on qualifying expenses, for budgets US$100,000 – US$499,999, plus 20% cash back for hiring local labour
- 15% cash back on qualifying expenses for budgets US$500,000 - $999,999, plus 20% cash back for hiring local labour
- 35% cash back on qualifying expenses for budgets US$1,000,000 - $8,000,000, plus 20% cash back for hiring local labour
Who manages the rebate programme?
The Trinidad and Tobago Film Company (FilmTT) manages the programme on behalf of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.
Who can access the rebate?
The rebate can only be paid to a production company registered in Trinidad & Tobago. To access the rebate, all international companies must partner with a T&T producer.
What is the application process?
- The producer submits a provisional rebate application with supporting documents, within 6 months of starting principal photography. FilmTT issues a Provisional Rebate Application Certificate, with an estimate of the rebate.
- The production shoots in Trinidad & Tobago. Within 3 months of the production’s premiere, the producer submits a final application with supporting documents, including audited accounts.
- FilmTT processes the application, requesting more information from the producer as needed. Upon internal approval of the application, FilmTT issues a rebate payment to the producer. The estimated processing time, from submission of final application, is 6 months.
For more information on the Production Expenditure Rebate Programme, contact FilmTT at firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Guide Page
Trinidad & Tobago is a place that not many know about, but when they get here, they are usually surprised and captivated by the diversity of landscape, people and experience to be found on these two islands in the south of the Caribbean.
To find out more, check out our Production Guide.